I’m happy to say I’ll be attending and presenting at the “Honolulu Havoc”, the Left Coast Crime Conference in Honolulu on March 16-19.
I’m excited to be meeting some fabulous new authors and look forward to reconnecting with old friends from the Sisters in Crime Honolulu Branch, who worked so very hard to make this conference happen. To get a birds-eye view of my participation, check out my conference schedule:
- I’ll be doing an author speed-dating round, repeating 2-minute synopses of my book, handing out bookmarks and the flyer above. Did you know people with murderer’s thumbs commit more than 40% of all murders?
- I’m thrilled to be on the panel for Romance and Crime Collide: Desire, dread & hot sex with AJ Llewellyn and Tonya Plank (Ellen Byron moderating.) I’ll be answering such interesting personal questions about my true crime romance memoir Angel Hero as:
- Lizbeth, it was brave of you to share the real-life story that involved a dangerous murderer. What steps did you take to protect yourself from repercussions from the murderer and/or his family?
- What are the differences between a memoir based on a true story, and fictionalized memoir? What did you choose to fictionalize and why?
- I’ll also be participating in the panel Hawaii’s Own Authors: Creating havoc in paradise with authors Rebecca Cantrell, Jane Laswell-Hoff, and Dawn Casey (AJ Llewellyn will be moderating.) Check out AJ’s interview of me at her website: http://www.ajllewellyn.com/site/2017/03/11/2806/ and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/aj.llewellyn?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
Special thanks to Gay Gale, Honolulu Havoc Chair, for her vision, dedication and hard work in making the conference happen, to panel co-chairs Larry and Rosemary Mild, who burned the midnight oil putting the panels together, to Awards Co-Chairs Lucinda Surber (also Publisher Liaison) and Stan Ulrich (Stan also doubles or maybe triples as the Registrar and Treasurer,) to Auction Chair Alain (A K) Gunn, to Special Events Vicki Whelan-White, to roommate coordinator President Gail Baugniet, to the hard-working volunteers who gave so generously of their time, and to too many others to name.
Follow the link to discover all about the conference. http://www.leftcoastcrime.org/2017/Program.html